Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Michigan Ramblings

Go Kez Go

I have made no secret…I am a Kez fan.  I am a Dodge fan.  And I am deeply saddened by Dodge’s decision to exit NASCAR.  I was employed in the NASCAR truck series when Dodge returned to factory backing in NASCAR.  I have a picture of Jimmy Hensley’s winning dodge truck autographed, nicely framed and hanging in prominence in our game room.
When Kez chose to go to Penske I just knew that in time, the Captain and Kez would win a NASCAR championship for the Dodge brand.  As a child raised up on Petty blue and Dodge it is just in my nature to pull for Dodge. 

And with the few races remaining in the regular season, I remain loyal to Dodge and truly hope that Kez can get it done.  It would bring some racing history full circle for the brand and the Keselowski family.The Keselowski family has a long time relationship with Dodge, dating back to Bob's ARCA series days and championship.
I’m actually excited about the Chase races and I am not a fan of the format.  Kez has basically told the Hendrick boys to back off, that trophy doesn’t belong to old JJ just jet.

The 48 [of Johnson] might be the favorite for the championship, but we're not going to roll over and just let them have it." Keselowski said. "We're doing everything we can do, and we nailed it on that last green-flag sequence.
Kez has strung together 7 top tens and most recently back to back 2nd place finishes.  His consistency has paid off with a solid fifth place in the points run for Chase positions.


Harvick has New Old Crew Chief
In what appears to be a move to make the Chase, Harvick’s former crew chief Gil Martin has been named crew chief of the 29 car.  Personally, I think Shane Wilson has done a tremendous job with the resources that are RCR.

Perhaps RCR should take a look a little harder at its technology and engine programs.  Also, maybe Happy Harvick should admit that becoming a first time father was a little more distracting than he would like to admit.  Distractions affect performance. Period.

Glad Mark Martin is OK
That was a harsh lick. Good thing Martin is in the best shape of probably all the drivers in the garage.  That could have been really bad.  I don’t like these new cars too much.  But can’t argue with moving that driver’s seat over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment